KEB also has a proven track record in providing a host of compliance, audit and accounting services to our government clients, including state and local governments and school districts.
- Our government audit staff are experienced in conducting audits of financial statements prepared under Statement #34 of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB 34), in completing audits pursuant to Governmental Auditing Standards (“yellow book audits”), and in conducting single audits required under OMB Circular A-133. If you are a government agency or if you receive funding from a government agency you can rely on the fact that KEB has experienced staff with a thorough knowledge of governmental auditing and accounting requirements.
- KEB is one of a select group of accounting firms able to meet the standards established by the Illinois Office of the Auditor General for conducting financial audits of large public universities and the largest state government agencies on behalf of the Auditor General. These audits have both financial and compliance components, requiring us to understand, analyze and test compliance with the often complex laws and regulations governing these agencies.
- Those government agencies charged with regulating selected businesses and industries appreciate KEB’s insight into the demands and complexities associated with performing these regulatory functions, and have frequently turned to KEB to assist them. For over six years, KEB has been assessing the compliance of riverboat casinos with State of Illinois laws and regulations, and on a number of occasions we have conducted targeted examinations for the insurance industry on behalf of government regulators.
- State government agencies have also turned to KEB as a cost-effective alternative to performing some of the accounting, auditing and funds management services they would have otherwise provided internally. As government agencies continue to consider outsourcing as an option to combat the effect of shrinking budgets, they can count on KEB to provide the accounting support they need.
Our public sector clients can continue to expect the same results we have delivered in the public sector for nearly 25 years:
- The identification of specific opportunities to improve programs and outcomes, based on skilled analysis of an entire organization or evaluation of a specific program
- Clearly articulated direction and goals for the future of an entire agency or a specific program or function
- Successfully-implemented program initiatives, designed by KEB staff who understand how to provide creative, practical solutions that achieve measurable results
- More effective and efficient program or financial operations, with clearly documented procedures
- Thorough compliance reviews conducted by professionals who understand complex government regulations, and appreciate the importance of maintaining the public trust
- Accurate and timely financial statement reviews conducted by professionals who understand all aspects of complex government requirements.