Julia is an Audit Senior with our St. Louis Group. Fresh out of college and without any prior experience, Julia joined KEB in May 2021, immediately after graduating the week before. Due to the impact of COVID-19, she was unable to secure a summer internship in 2020. However, Julia deeply appreciates the chance she was given to start her career at KEB, and she is grateful for the opportunity.
Julia attended Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, where she graduated cum laude with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Throughout her four years, she actively participated in Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, serving as the CFO during her senior year. Additionally, she was a member of Order of Omega. Westminster College, known for its intimate atmosphere, allowed Julia to form personal connections with her classmates and everyone she encountered on campus. This experience, where professors knew her by name and genuinely supported her success, made her realize that she desired a similar environment in her professional career. Julia found that at KEB.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- The farthest I have ever been from home is Florida. But my husband and I are taking our honeymoon to Cancun in July! It will be both of our first times leaving the country, so we are really excited!
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- I was promoted to senior in June 2022, entering my first audit busy season with a whole new list of responsibilities. I was anxious for the change, but excited to take on the new role. Before this promotion, I had taken two exams already, only to realize that I was wildly unprepared and had to make some changes in my study habits. So, I started seriously studying for my CPA in August 2022. I allowed myself to get accustomed to my new position, then started studying again. After finding out that I did not pass the next two exams I took (only by one and two points), I was ready to officially give up. After some words of encouragement from friends, family, and coworkers, and realizing I was too stubborn to quit, I took my next two scheduled exams and passed both! Now I’m proud to say I’m halfway done, and on track to pass the next two by September. I also somehow accomplished this while planning my wedding, which happened this past March!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If I could have any superpower, it would be to read minds! I’m typically a nosey person, but I hate asking so many questions because I don’t want to annoy anybody. Being able to read minds would be the best of both worlds!